Fast Advanced Scintillator Timing - COST Action TD1401
The main objective of the FAST (Fast Advanced Scintillator Timing) Action (TD1401) is to establish a multidisciplinary network that brings together European experts from academia and industry to ultimately achieve scintillator-based detectors with timing
precision of better than 100ps, in particular to enable significant breakthroughs in diagnostic medicine and high luminosity particle physics. It aims to:
- Bridge separate fields of science/disciplines to achieve breakthroughs via an interdisciplinary approach to Create an international European community of experts and people from different scientific backgrounds with wide expertise on fast timing detectors;
- Develop a common understanding/definition of "fast timing"
- Establish the ultimate achievable limits for fast timing for scintillators, photodetectors, electronics
- Facilitate the increase of competitiveness of European industry; provide input for future market applications, including cooperation with private enterprises
- Provide training opportunities for a new generation of scientific experts to strengthen their background in the field of fast timing detectors
COST is the longest-running European framework supporting trans-national cooperation among researchers, engineers and scholars across Europe. If you would like to join this action please see this link.
The FAST COST (Action TD1401) started on November 20 2014 and will end on November 19 2018.